to this location:
http://cannonukraine.blogspot.com/
Thursday, April 9, 2009
These darling boys were at the restaurant John took us to
John one of my mature students took us to the Ancient Buddha temple and dinner. He asked what we wanted for dinner. I asked for Chicken. Yeah!!!! he wanted me to follow him outside and then told me to pick out dinner!!!! I just couldn't pick out my own live dinner so I hurried back to the restaurant table with the pot in the middle of the table. But not before I heard the cries of our dinner as it was bled. How do I know it was bled? Well, the fresh red blood is poured into the pot and after it congeals it is served up as a delicacy!!!!!No, I didn't eat the cooked blood, but I managed with little enthusiam my chicken.This was a beautiful ancient Buddha's temple grounds. John knew so much I asked if he was Buddist. He reminded me he was a military officer (duh). Rick then told me that it that means he has taken a communist oath and therefore can not belong to a religion.
The cemetary was fascinating too. Now days you must be cremated within 24 hours of your death. Now enough land space unless you live in the village.
We are blessed to have this wonderful experience and Rick still loves me, we latest love note says "All of you the totality"It's a good thing because I am the resident computer geek and I move from apartment to apartment fixing and teaching.This is Daming lake... we wanted to walk to it and we did but it was through a weird and winding path of deserted and in disrepair (understatement). But the lake was beautiful.That's all for now..... I hope someone reads these sometimes frustrating blogs. I know my dear brother does his only comment was "more pictures"Love you family!!!!! friends!!!!!!
I love the pictures. Kind of spooky in that place. My favorite one is the one with Dad in the corner. I am gathering information to tell you where I want to go. Not that it matters much. I will love anything that we see and am excited for anything!
4 comments:
I read and enjoy every post! They show up automatically in my iGoogle page. Thanks for sharing!
thats a start , thanks
great pics! I want to go back tomorrow!
Melonie
I love the pictures. Kind of spooky in that place. My favorite one is the one with Dad in the corner. I am gathering information to tell you where I want to go. Not that it matters much. I will love anything that we see and am excited for anything!
Post a Comment