Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I can't believe I didn't take the camera

We heard there was ballroom dancing on the square by the Catholic Cathedral... So we hopped on a taxi and showed him the chinese characters for Catholic Cathedral. He nodded and off we wound through streets and backstreets. There appears a really beautifully structured cathedral. It is blackened from soot and pollution and quite obviously Catholic. A short walk away is the square and there are HUNDREDS of people line dancing. YES, actually AMerican music is playing and chinese people line dancing and others observing. So the O'Briens and the Cannon's joined in our own style of dancing to the music. Soon the observing crowd moved out of our way and allowed us a lot of free dance floor space. Of course we were a bit of a oddity, what's new we are an oddity no matter where we go with our fair skin. In addition, we saw a crocodile for sell in the market.. at least 4.5 feet long and laying on ice with a price next to it. Can't remember the price, I must take a camera to the grocery store, but I dont' want to be culturally offensive. Food here will "blow you away". Live frogs, fish, and assorted fishy type things. The chicken feet are not my favorite delicately but they are a hit here!!!!

1 comment:

Lace and Joe said...

That sounds so FUN. I would love to try all the different kinds of food.