Sunday, November 2, 2008

Now most of you know I ADORE HALLOWEEN. So when I found Halloween paraphenalia in China, I started planing a celebrating... you may not realize that most things "made in China" are not readily available for purchase in China. IT's mostly EXPORTED. But the funniest part of Halloween in China was this.... During my evening class two days before Halloween. Dad dressed up in my housecoat and other things and came to my class, bursting through the door and yelling Scaring me and my class into hysteria... So after they all gathered their wits, they asked for a Halloween party, which I promptly planned including Sloppy Joe's and halloween games. So tonight I am prepared for Rick's antics again..... So, what does he do?? He comes dressed in his suit and tie.... Oh, he has stolen the hearts of my students, who thinks he is wonderful. See how smart my students really are? The other night the dean of my college said to me privately. We thought your husband was so serious and quiet, but he is really humorous. You must have a happy life with him. I do and I love him, it has been a joy to be in China...

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am so glad you have someone to make you look more "normal" and less crazy. Even though we all know you are the inspiration behind it all because you are so fun to scare and startle!
--the other Kimberly

marva said...

Nice to see that you are having a fun Halloween. Cate has asked us to send you a message. She wants to know the names of some of your students. She has asked that you tell her the names in English, because she does not speak Chinese. Please reply ASAP, with some names, Cate sees this as an urgent matter.